This is a selected portfolio to give a flavour of the work I do, and does not include every client or job.
- 2015-present: The Great Outdoors (TGO) magazine. Interim Editor (June 2019). Online Editor (2017-present) and regular feature writer. I also provide editorial support for the print magazine, including feature writing, copywriting, sub-editing, and many other tasks. A few key projects among many:
- The 2019 Scandinavia Supplement. In collaboration with Guest Editor Mark Waring, I was responsible for editing this supplement and managing its production.
- The August 2019 issue. As Interim Editor I was responsible for editing the magazine and managing its production.
- The TGO Cape Wrath Trail project. Part of a brand collaboration with SPOT involving a series of print and digital features.
- The Great Outdoors Awards 2017 and 2018. In addition to acting as a judge for the Gear Awards, I also helped to manage the Reader Awards, including reader nominations and voting.
- The June 2017 issue. I edited the magazine and managed its production, providing cover for our Editor while she was on holiday for a week.
- 2015-present: Sidetracked magazine. Sub-editing and editorial support. I’ve worked extensively on every print journal since Volume 4, and regularly edit web content.
- 2017-2018: Wanderlust magazine. Sub-editing and proofreading.
- 2018: Daniel Neilson and Phoebe Smith. Editorial support, copywriting, sub-editing and proofreading for The Travel Writer’s Field Guide.
- 2014-present: John D. Burns. Structural critique, editorial support, consulting and proofreading. Projects:
- 2014-present: Keith Foskett. Structural critique, editorial support, consulting and proofreading. Projects:
- 2015-present: Mark Horrell. Structural critique, editorial support, consulting and proofreading. Projects:
- Feet and Wheels to Chimborazo
- The Everest Politics Show
- Seven Steps from Snowdon to Everest
- The Chomolungma Diaries: Climbing Mount Everest with a commercial expedition
- Thieves, Liars and Mountaineers: On the 8,000m peak circus in Pakistan
- The Ascent of Manaslu: Climbing the world’s eighth highest mountain
- 2018: Richard Sidgwick. Editorial support, manuscript critique and copy-editing for Clanship to Capitalism.
- 2016: Ellis J Stewart. Editorial support and consulting for Everest: It’s Not About the Summit.
- 2016: The Minimalists. Proofreading for Minimalism: Live a Meaningful Life.
- 2015-present: Rick Haynes. Structural critique, editorial support and consulting. Projects:
- 2014-2017: Gordon Bickerstaff. Structural critique and editorial support. Projects:
- 2014-2017: Lynda Wilcox. Structural critique and editorial support. Projects: