CHANGES TO SITE MEMBERSHIP
Hello everyone and happy new year!
You may have received a notification informing you that your recurring PayPal subscription has been cancelled. In short, I don’t think the current membership model is ideal for Alexroddie.com. I don’t feel comfortable putting material behind a paywall any more, and I don’t feel comfortable asking for a monthly payment when my members-only content is often less frequent than I would like, due to work pressures.
- Existing accounts will be grandfathered in, at no further cost to you, so you can continue to access all the members-only material;
- I will stop accepting new member registrations;
- I will emphasise voluntary donations to help support my work;
- Some of the members-only content will be opened up to all members;
- I will no longer be publishing trail journals on here. Most of my readers have made it clear they’re quite happy reading my features in TGO, Trail or UKHillwalking if they want a deeper look at my adventures.
So there you have it. Thanks for supporting me in this experiment with site membership – it was a good thing to try out, and I’m proud of the material I shared with you, but ultimately I need to go in a different direction.
One of the perks of membership is that you get access to all of my published books at no extra charge – plus a few that have never been published elsewhere. Click on the cover icons below to download a bundle containing both the Kindle (mobi) and EPUB formats.