The Grande Traversée du Mercantour is a truly exceptional backpacking route in the Maritime Alps, traversing the Mercantour National Park via the Tinée frontier ridge and a section of the GR52.
My 2018 thru-hike
- Field Notes: the Mercantour Traverse — some practical info and photos from the trail
- Shared Silence – my TGO feature on hiking the trail
- No Borders – my Sidetracked digital feature on hiking the trail
- Mercantour Traverse gear debrief – analysis of ultralight technique in the high alpine
- Trip planning: the Mercantour Traverse, July 2018