My mission is to tell the stories that matter – tales of wilderness, nature, and adventure. I am a professional writer and editor with years of experience in the outdoor industry (and I hike a fair bit too). If you’re looking to write an outdoor book, or if you work with an adventure magazine and need an expert pair of eyes, I can help.
Keen to know what I’m up to right now? Find out here.
- World Poetry Day: a poem found at Kearvaig bothy
- What I’ve been reading this week, 15 March 2019
- The Cape Wrath Trail(ish) in winter(ish) – a very brief account
- What I’ve been reading this week, 8 March 2019
- The winter Cape Wrath Trail resupply plan
- The Decaying Alps: climate change and glacial retreat in the Playground of Europe
- Smartphone photography for outdoor writers
- Skills guide: Modernise your mountain navigation
- Staying safe in early-winter mountain conditions
- The Alder Trail