My work is all about the stories that matter: wildness, adventure, the environment, and our place in the world. My writing has been published internationally in many magazines and books, and as an editorial professional I work with a wide range of authors, publishers, and copywriters. I am also a widely published outdoor and adventure photographer.
Learn more about my books here, or go straight to each book’s page on the respective publisher’s website below.
The Farthest Shore
The Farthest Shore is the story of Alex’s Roddie’s winter Cape Wrath Trail. As he journeyed through a vanishing winter, Alex found answers to his questions, learnt the nature of true silence, and discovered frightening evidence of the threats faced by Scotland’s wild mountain landscape. With Vertebrate Publishing.
Co-edited with German publisher gestalten, this large-format book charts the most treasured hiking routes in the Alps. Aimed at those with an appetite for adventure, Wanderlust Alps offers a rich mix of treks for hikers looking for trails both short and long, popular and obscure.
Co-edited with gestalten. Wanderlust Europe showcases Europe’s most awe-inspiring walking and backpacking routes. Offering expert knowledge on how best to experience the wild outdoors, this beautiful large-format book combines first-hand tips with informative maps and an array of spectacular photography.
Latest blog posts
- Reweirding, bringing back the birch belt, the pressure of being taken seriously, and looking back at the Kendal Mountain Festival | The Pinnacle →
- Looking back on the Kendal Mountain Festival 2021
- Book review: The Vanishing Ice by Iain Cameron
- The audiobook uncanny valley, upcoming talks, collapse computing, and a pine marten alarm clock | The Pinnacle →
- Sidetracked Volume 22 is here
Some of my best online writing
Still scrolling? Why not take a look at my index of outdoor writing?