My work is all about the stories that matter: wildness, adventure, the environment, and our place in the world. My writing has been published internationally in many magazines and books, and as an editorial professional I work with a wide range of authors, publishers, and copywriters. I am also a widely published outdoor and adventure photographer.
Latest blog posts
- Filling the void →
- The light of unmediated experience, class and the outdoors, and what3words in emergencies →
- Wildlife photography highlights, May 2021
- The Light of Unmediated Experience: an interview with Freedom Matters
- A cover design for The Farthest Shore
- Behind the scenes: gear testing for TGO magazine →
- A Year with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark III
- Has outdoor culture become too detached from nature? →
- My first issue of Sidetracked magazine as editor: a learning curve, ice bears, and that Gucci cover
- SKILLS: Snowshoes in Scotland – more than just a novelty →
Join me on Substack
My Substack newsletter, The Pinnacle, is where I publish weekly content from my messy editor’s desk: tips, tricks and insights from the world of outdoor and adventure publishing, links of note and interest, the occasional feature and how-to guide, news and updates, and a lot more.
I hope you’ll subscribe!
Some of my best online writing
Still scrolling? Why not take a look at my index of outdoor writing?