I am an award-winning professional writer and editor with years of experience in the outdoor industry (and I hike a fair bit too). If you’re looking to write an outdoor book, or if you work with an adventure magazine and need a trained pair of eyes, I can help.
Latest blog posts
- Images from a local wood that is being destroyed
- What I’ve been reading this week, 10 January 2020
- Book review: Rebirding – Rewilding Britain and its Birds by Benedict Macdonald
- What I’ve been reading this week, 3 January 2020
- My top ten wild camps of 2019
- New Sidetracked feature: The Meaning of Adventure →
- Wild perspectives: a twilight nature encounter at Snipe Dales
- Walking for Mental Health – Doom, Gloom and Green Shoots in the Scottish Hills →
- Skills guide: Planning off-path routes
- A Single Moment: Alpine Bivouac
Some of my best online writing
Still scrolling? Why not take a look at my index of outdoor writing?