My work is all about the stories that matter: wildness, adventure, the environment, and our place in the world. My writing has been published internationally in many magazines and books, and as an editorial professional I work with a wide range of authors, publishers, and copywriters. I am also a widely published outdoor and adventure photographer.
Latest blog posts
- Twenty years as a writer: a first look at The Farthest Shore
- An extract from The Farthest Shore →
- A Highland book launch for The Farthest Shore
- Recent radio and podcast appearances
- The eerie hush of summer →
- The End of Winter: hiking the Cape Wrath Trail in February 2019
- The Meaning of Adventure: Hiking the Haute Route Pyrenees
- GPS watches: 8 of the best reviewed →
- Outdoor and adventure photography tips →
- Why the countryside might be in a better state than you think →
Some of my best online writing
Still scrolling? Why not take a look at my index of outdoor writing?