Wanderlust Europe: The Great European Hike
Published by gestalten, September 2020
Wanderlust Europe, created by German publisher gestalten and co-edited by Alex Roddie, showcases Europe’s most awe-inspiring walking and backpacking routes. Offering expert knowledge on how best to experience the wild outdoors, this beautiful large-format book combines first-hand tips with informative maps and an array of spectacular photography. Contributing photographers include long-distance hiker Colin Ibbotson, professional landscape photographer Lizzie Shepherd, guidebook writer Paddy Dillon, established TGO contributors Chris Townsend, David Lintern and James Roddie, and many more. Alex Roddie provided many of his own photographs for the project.
The routes include some of the continent’s finest and most ambitious long-distance trails, including the Nordkalottleden, Tour of Monte Rosa, and Cape Wrath Traill.
Buy the book
From Sidetracked (£5 off RRP)
Direct from gestalten
Order it from your local independent bookshop
Amazon UK (if you really must)
- 2020-10-14: Wanderlust Europe: an interview with Alex Roddie
- 2020-10-06: Wanderlust Europe now available on sale from Sidetracked
- 2020-09-15: Introducing Wanderlust Europe: Europe’s best trails
- 2020-08-16: Writing (two) books during the pandemic
- 2019-10-17: I have signed a book deal with Vertebrate Publishing