I am an award-winning professional writer and editor with years of experience in the outdoor industry (and I hike a fair bit too). If you’re looking to write an outdoor book, or if you work with an adventure magazine and need a trained pair of eyes, I can help.
Latest blog posts
- What I’ve been reading this week, 4 April 2020
- What I’ve been reading this week, 28 March 2020
- Coronavirus and the outdoors – an apology, and a way forward
- The outdoor community needs to change its messaging regarding the coronavirus pandemic, and right now
- What I’ve been reading this week, COVID-19 special
- A Walk in the Woods – hiking Norway’s Jotunheimstien
- New Sidetracked feature: The Meaning of Adventure →
- Wild perspectives: a twilight nature encounter at Snipe Dales
- Walking for Mental Health – Doom, Gloom and Green Shoots in the Scottish Hills →
- Skills guide: Planning off-path routes
Some of my best online writing
Still scrolling? Why not take a look at my index of outdoor writing?