Updated 22 February 2020
This page won’t be changing much for the next couple of months, as I’m in the ‘slow plodding progress on long-term projects’ part of my year.
I am currently working on two manuscripts:
- A new book about lightweight camping and long-distance hiking (Vertebrate Publishing).
- Another super-secret coffee-table book (gestalten).
- Sidetracked: various online projects, and early work commissioning for Vol.21.
- Copy-editing a new book project with gestalten.
- I’m on TGO magazine’s 2021 gear-reviewing team. Over the coming months I will be testing a range of items including backpacking meals, GPS watches, waterproof jackets, and down jackets.
Reading for pleasure
- The Four-Dimensional Human by Laurence Scott.
- Not much at the moment, due to the pandemic (is this a meme yet?)
- I am, however, continuing my daily dawn walks in the local countryside. This is a habit I started in 2017.
- Over the last few weeks I’ve been conducting a study into the otters in my local nature reserve, and have managed to gather some significant evidence.
- I’ve started to plan a big mountain project for the post-COVID world. Watch this space.