What I’m up to now
Updated 28 July 2021
- A new book about lightweight camping and long-distance hiking (Vertebrate Publishing). This is due in at the end of August, and the draft is well underway.
- Pre-orders for The Farthest Shore are now open! You can get 20% off by ordering direct from the publisher’s website.
- I’m working with long-term Pinnacle Editorial client Mark Horrell on a new book about Himalayan mountaineering.
- Early work has begun on Sidetracked Vol. 22. If you’d like to submit a pitch for consideration, please see this link.
- Copy-editing a new book project with gestalten. This one’s nearly finished now.
- I’m on TGO magazine’s 2021 gear-reviewing team. Over the coming months I will be testing a range of items including GPS watches, waterproof jackets, and down jackets. Next up is down jackets.
Reading for pleasure
- Ask an Adventurer by Alastair Humphreys.
- I am continuing my daily dawn walks in the local countryside. This is a habit I started in 2017.
- I’ve started to plan a big mountain project for the post-COVID world. Watch this space.