- Lightweight backpacking in the Scottish Highlands: a mini-guide
- Electronics for lightweight and ultralight backpacking – my approach to electronics for lightweight backpacking
- Lightweight backpacking for beginners – how to take those first steps
- The times when I’ve gone ‘stupid light’ – light is right, until it’s not
- Are trail shoes durable enough? – maybe I’m just hard on my gear
- Much ado about Naeboots – trail shoes vs. boots, the eternal debate
- Ice axe and crampons for lightweight backpacking – I upgraded from the old faithfuls in 2015, and shed some weight in the process
- How to use digital navigation safely – a brief guide on the basics.
- Planning off-path routes – ten simple pointers to help you avoid navigational disaster
- Modernise your Navigation – making use of modern nav tools such as self-printed maps, smartphones and more
- Lessons learned in the search for the perfect backpacking camera – the most important lesson is that perfect doesn’t exist.
- Smartphone photography for outdoor writers – the phone in your pocket is a more capable camera than you think.
- Photography on the Trail – you don’t need a ton of gear to create meaningful images on a long-distance trail
- Snowshoes in Scotland: more than a novelty — the how and why of snowshoes in the British hills
- Staying safe in early-winter mountain conditions – November and December can be a challenging time of year
- Pilgrim’s Progress – a century of developments in climbing equipment and technique